These classic banana bread muffins are super moist and delicious. They are perfect for a breakfast on the go, a quick afternoon snack!
I love muffins, and after going gluten free I found this recipe in Daniel Walker”s “Against all Grain” cookbook. Go check out her website at againstallgrain.com her recipes are amazing!
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 Tblsp honey
- 2 Tblsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 c palm shortening or ghee ( I used butter)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c plus 2 Tblsp coconut flour
- 1/2 arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
grain freebaking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe banana (about 4 bananas)
- Preheat the oven to 350, and line muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- First, using a stand mixer, (or handheld mixer) beat the eggs, honey, coconut sugar, palm shortening, and vanilla on medium speed for about thirty seconds, or until combined.
- Then, add the flour, arrowroot, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat on high for around thirty seconds or until smooth. Add the banana, and beat on medium until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins, and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack before serving. Enjoy!